Sunday, January 3, 2016

Middle School Reminders

    So, I just recently finished the book called Middle School The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson. Basically this book is about a boy named Rafe Khatchadorian and his experience with his first year in middle school, which is sixth grade. He made a goal for himself to complete before the year ends. However, this goal isn't like another other goal someone would make. Also, with every goal there are challenges, and Rafe's goal definitely has challenges. If you would like to find out what theses challenges are then fill free to read the book.
    Anyways when I finished the book, I began to make connections to another book called Awkward. Just like Rafe, Penelope was also having some trouble in the sixth grade. Both were mostly having trouble with making friends and fitting in, but they did have a talent with art. An example of this in when Rafe is in homeroom, on the first day of school, on page 10. It says "So much for blending in." This shows that Rafe knew that fitting in and making friends, wasn't going to be easy. Also, this is an important detail because it kind of sparked Rafe's goal.
    But unlike Rafe, Penelope does find a way to make friends and breaks out of her shell. While Rafe is still in his, but he'll break out if it, right? Anyways I really enjoyed this book, because it reminded me of when I was in sixth grade, and all the fun times I had, and made some connections while reading the book! In the end, this book is going to be one of my favorites, and I'm excited for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment