Monday, January 4, 2016

Confusions Lie Everywhere

Side Note: This blog may contain some spoilers in the book, if you want to read the book I'm blogging about, then don't read this blog. If you don't want to read the book, then go ahead and read the blog. And if you want to to read the book, but what to read my blog, then go ahead, no ones stopping you.

   Since one of my goals for second quarter is to read books with different types of genres, I read a book called Wherever Nina Lies by Lynn Weingarten. This book is about a girl, Ellie, who goes around America, to find her sister, Nina. However, Ellie is not going around America alone, she brings Sean, who she meet at a party and at her job. There are defiantly some shocking parts in this story, so feel free to check it out! Even though this book was good, there were some confusing parts, that I couldn't really understand.
   One part that was confusing in the book was when Nina says she went to the police to help her with someone. In the book it said that "they'd look into it," but never did. The thing that was confusing was why they didn't help her? The book says (on page 299) "It was obvious that they thought I was crazy and weren't taking me seriously and probably weren't going to do a damn thing." But why? Couldn't just one police officer go and investigate and maybe question the one person who is behind all this?
   A second thing that is confusing is when Nina first finds out that Jason died. When Jason's mom is talking to Nina on the phone she says (from Nina's perspective) "But she started saying all this stuff about the preliminary autopsy reports and how they suggested a heroin overdose." Now to me it's confusing because it wasn't confirmed that it was a heroin overdose, it was a suggestion. Did they ever do actual tests to see how he died? Was anyone questioned? Did police even investigate? They probably did, but the book never said it did, so I don't really know. What do you think? Do you find them confusing like I do, or not. If you do read the book I hope you find it as shocking as I do, because the book definitely had some shocking parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment