Friday, September 18, 2015

The Outsiders Got Dark Extremely Quick!

At the moment I enjoy the book. I usually don't read these kinds of books because I judge a book by it's cover and most of the time they don't look interesting to me. I usually read graphic novels or fantasies. But when I do pick up these types of books and begin to read it, I end up enjoying the book. Most of the time I create pictures in my head and that makes me enjoy the book even more. Like when the Socs surrounded Johnny and Ponyboy, the way Ponyboy described the park, how he felt, made me create that image, like a movie. The beginning of the book was boring, but every book is like that they need to introduce a characters. But as you continue to read the story gets better and better. One of my favorite parts so far was in chapter 4 when Johnny had killed Bob. I like how everything was calm and suddenly turned dark or shocking. Since it's barely the beginning of the book that means that there is so much left in the book, you begin to ask so many questions. What is going to happen, what is the character going to do, how will it end ect. It's a tough question that the character(s) cannot right at the moment. In the book Ponyboy was scared, screaming, shaking. It even says in the book, "A panic was rising in me...", "What are we going to do?" I nearly screamed", "I was shaking..." It truly is one of my favorite parts at the moment. The Outsiders so far is getting better and better as I continue to read, right now it is at an intense part and I can't wait what is going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment