Monday, May 9, 2016

Mind Is Blown!!!

   Welcome back! Today's book blog is going to be about the book Sammy Keys and The Sisters of Mercy by Wendelin Van Draanen. I know I always says that "this is the best book I've ever read," or "I love the detail in the book, making me love the book even more." But this time I really mean it. This book is about a girl named Sammy and she tries to solve the mystery that happened at the church she volunteers at for school purposes. So far (because I have not finished the book yet) the main mystery is who stole a cross that is very dear to Father Mayhew, the priest. He automatically accuses Sammy because she was the only other person at the church besides him. But the truth is, she didn't actually take the cross. Since I have not finished the book yet, I have no idea what will happen next. BUT I do have a prediction on who actually took the cross, which is the whole point of this blog. Anyways let's go!
   Like I said before I have not finished the book, I am 47 pages in, so barley in the beginning, but this is the point of having predictions. At the moment the thief could be anyone, but not Sammy because the book is through her point of view. Her two friends, Dot and Marissa, because they don't really know that much about the church she volunteers at, St. Mary's, and only know what Sammy tells them. So, that leaves 6 suspects, the three sisters of mercy, Brother Phil, Father Mayhew, and this girl that I don't know her name, yet. Out of the six I believe the thief is the unknown girl (we'll call her that.) Why? Let me show you my evidence.
   The main reason why I choose her out of the rest is because she look a lot like Sammy. In the book she says "She's my size and her hair's back in a ponytail, just like mine, and she's not there with her mom or dad-she's all by herself." Also, "She was wearing high-tops. Like mine only older." After that second quote Father Mayhew called Sammy to his office to discuss about the missing cross. This shows that since the unknown girl look a lot like Sammy, Father Mayhew thought it was her, making it seem that Sammy was the thief. And there is another quote that Dot said, which was "Who was that girl with the blue backpack? For a s second I thought this was you." This also proves that the unknown girl took the cross,
   My second reason is also reasonable, but also sad. After the girl leaves the soup kitchen, which is also where Sammy volunteers at, Dot, Marissa, and Sammy decided to follow her to see where she lives because she was the same age as Sammy and she wants to know why the girl is in a soup kitchen. As they follow her, they get father and father away from where they live, like 2 miles away. As the sun goes down they end up following her through a field, into a riverbed, and see her crawl into a refrigerator box. The girls and I found out that the girl is homeless. What hurt the most was she was around the same age as Sammy, Dot, and Marissa. Anyways, the fact that she is homeless shows that maybe she stole the cross so she could sell it and get some money for it and buy things like food or clothes. It could have some worth of money. Either way I predict that the unknown girl took and used it more things she needs, since she is homeless. Also, since she looks like Sammy, Sammy might be accused of other stuff she stole, I guess we will never know.
   And that is the end of the blog. I hope you enjoyed reading it and maybe want to check this book out yourself to see what happens next. Is my prediction correct or not? We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment