Monday, April 25, 2016

Disney's Tale

   Recently I finished a book called The Man Behind the Magic; The Story of Walt Disney by Katherine and Richard Greene. Basically it is a biography about Walt Disney, the creator of all things Disney (obviously). This is the first biography book I've read and it's kind of cool. I got to learn more about Disney's life before Disney Studios was created. I'm not saying I enjoy biography books, to be honest, I'm not really a fan. I'm more on the fiction side. Anyways the book was still interesting. I manage to find a pretty good theme in the book, that can also be a good life lesson. Shall we start?
   It's obvious that one book can have more than one theme, but I think this one is a good one. I found it reading one quote in the book that I thought summarizes the book and Disney's life. The quote said "For nearly forty years, ever since he was a boy, he had worked at merciless pace. Now, it was time to play."  I found out that merciless means "showing no mercy or pity." Anyways I chose this quote as the theme to the story because it makes sense. This quote means that Walt has been working very pitifully for a long time and now it's time to have some fun and enjoy life. Also, I chose this quote because, to me, it meant not to think about the pass and think about the present, which is what I think it theme is. Mostly because of the tragedy that happened on November of 1938. 
   Disney's mother have been complaining about a gas smell that has been roaming inside the house for weeks. Disney got it fixed, but that wasn't enough. In November the gas fumes have flooded the house and his moth passed out in the floor because of it, same with his father. Someone found out what was going on, since she felt dizzy herself. She ran for hell and did the best they could to get Flora and Elias (Disney's mom and dad) out of the house. They managed to get both of them out, but sadly Disney's mother could not make it. Disney was forever devastated to what happened to his mother and lost focus on Disney's Studios, and gotten depression. This is a very tragic thing that happened to Disney or to anyone, but this is where the theme comes in. After all of this tragedy Disney had to bring himself back up and focus on what's in front of him, which was Disney's Studios. It was time for him to enjoy what he created and see where it end us, it was time to play.
   Ta-da that was my blog on what up I thought the theme was for the biography book about Walt Disney. It was kind of hard to think about what the theme is, mostly because it was a biography book and my mind when completely blank. Anyways I really enjoyed writing this blog and I hope you enjoyed reading it. Maybe you should give this book a read if you are interested in Walt Disney and is past life, I sure did learn a lot. Some good, some bad, some right in middle. But either way I learned something, which is good and you should learn something about Walt Disney, the man who creates childhood and imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment